Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Enjoying the Journey

Lovely Thing #3: Diligent Work while Enjoying the Journey

Being forced to work, and forced to do your best,
will breed in you temperance and self-control,
diligence and strength of will,
cheerfulness and content,
and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know
.
~ Charles Kingsley

I'm working on a special project. Even though it's creative and challenging and will contribute in a positive way to lives of many, my mind flits to other things that I could be doing.  I was just sharing with Deborah my thoughts. 

How many times are we called upon to do worthwhile things that we hadn't planned on doing? Aha! That's when the lightbulb went on inside my head!  Immerse youself in this.  Imagine the faces of those who will be blessed.  ENJOY THE JOURNEY!  So I am...


I never could have done what I have done
without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence,
without the determination to concentrate myself
on one subject at a time.
~ Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment