Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Let There Be Light


Lovely Thing #5: Sunshine

I walked into our living room this morning and a flood of sunlight entered through the three small windows above the double doors.  I was instantly enveloped in its warmth and unexpectedly exclaimed, "Wow! Look how bright it is in here!"

As a girl's brain works, I was transported back a couple days ago.  I rode in the passenger seat while Tiffani drove down down a beautiful tree-lined street. The sun blazed through the front windshield.  Though I live in southern California, I don't own a pair of sunglasses, so I started to move the visor to shield my eyes out of habit.  Then I realized...I'm not drivingI can just close my eyes and allow the sunshine to hit my eyelids and enjoy its warmth and healing qualities.  So I did.
   



A cloudy day or a little sunshine have as great an influence on many constitutions as the most recent blessings or misfortunes.
~ Joseph Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment